[Lxc-users] Kernel 2.6.33-rc6, 3 bugs container specific.

Jean-Marc Pigeon jmp at safe.ca
Wed Feb 3 05:24:24 PST 2010

Hello
[..]

> We have:
>         * Commands to sys_syslog:
>         *
>         *      0 -- Close the log.  Currently a NOP.
>         *      1 -- Open the log. Currently a NOP.
>         *      2 -- Read from the log.
>         *      3 -- Read all messages remaining in the ring buffer.
>         *      4 -- Read and clear all messages remaining in the ring buffer
>         *      5 -- Clear ring buffer.
>         *      6 -- Disable printk to console
>         *      7 -- Enable printk to console
>         *      8 -- Set level of messages printed to console
>         *      9 -- Return number of unread characters in the log buffer
>         *     10 -- Return size of the log buffer
>
> And add:
>        *     11 -- create a new ring buffer for the current process and
> its childs
>

> We have, let's say a global ring buffer keep untouched, used by
> syslog(2) and printk. When we create a new ring buffer, we allocate it
> and assign to the nsproxy (global ring buffer is the default in the
> nsproxy).
>
> The prink keeps writing in the global ring buffer and the syslog(2)
> writes to the "namespaced" ring buffer.
>
> Does it makes sense ?
	I like this idea, as it give us flexibility.

	Caution: iptable packet log is using printk (AFIK)
	to do tracing. iptable can be used within CONT:
	above the iptable within HOST: (ip filtering superset).
	So CONT:printk must be writing too in the
	"namespaced" ring buffer.

--
A bientôt
Jean-Marc Pigeon                                   Internet: jmp at safe.ca