selinux prevents msgrcv on restore message queues?

Nathan Lynch ntl at pobox.com
Tue Mar 2 13:36:14 PST 2010

Hi,

With ckpt-v19-rc3 the test-mq.sh testcase in cr_tests fails when SELinux
is enabled on my test system (64-bit powerpc kernel).  The testcase
sleeps in do_msgrcv after restart and never wakes up.  When SELinux is
disabled, the messages are received and the testcase passes.

I've established that the messages are being restored during restart --
msgctl(IPC_STAT) shows one message in each queue before calling msgrcv.
Adding the IPC_NOWAIT flag to the msgrcv calls gets ENOMSG, however.

I managed to narrow this down to security_msg_queue_msgrcv ->
selinux_msg_queue_msgrcv.  avc_has_perm(SECCLASS_MSG, MSG__RECEIVE) gets
-EACCESS, so I guess something is going awry in selinux restore hooks?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Nathan