ckpt-v20-dev, ckpt-v21-rc1

Oren Laadan orenl at cs.columbia.edu
Wed Mar 31 22:31:39 PDT 2010

Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Oren Laadan (orenl at cs.columbia.edu):
>> I pulled all the recent patches in linux-cr (except for ipv6 fixup
>> set), and created the following two branches:
>>
>> ckpt-v20-dev - patches applied onto pof v20
>> ckpt-v21-rc1 - patches folded into a clean patchset
>>
>> Likewise with user-cr (but with more exceptions - working now on
>> pulling more patches in).
>>
>> This is totally untested except for successful compilation...
>>
>> Oren.
>
> v21 with the recent patches applied seems rock-solid to me, on
> x86-64, s390x, and powerpc.
>
> recent patches means:
> 	skip down interfaces v2,
> 	put fops->checkpoint under ifdef
> 	get rid of ckpt_hdr_vpids,
> 	export net checkpoint fns
>
> for kernel and
>
> 	Add --nonetns switch to user-cr checkpoint
> 	fix vpids
> 	user-c/r: get rid of ckpt_hdr_vpids
>
> to user-cr#ckpt-v20-dev

I pushed linux-cr:ckpt-v21-rc2 with:

> 	skip down interfaces v2,
> 	put fops->checkpoint under ifdef
> 	get rid of ckpt_hdr_vpids,
> 	export net checkpoint fns

and user-cr:ckpt-v20-dev with:

> 	fix vpids
> 	user-c/r: get rid of ckpt_hdr_vpids
plus Suka's two recent patches.

Dan's --nonetns is pending - see my reply.

> Do we want to try and incorporate Matt's patchset to clear out
> linux-2.6/checkpoint/ next, or ship what we have?

IIRC there is at least one more comment from fsdevel that I need
to address, need to dig into emails again (file_pos_ ?).

I hope to start tackling the transformation to matt's-format by
tomorrow, and will see how fast it goes.

Oren.