Fwd: Re: lxc-performance?

KAMEZAWA Hiroyuki kamezawa.hiroyu at jp.fujitsu.com
Mon Oct 11 22:05:09 PDT 2010

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 10:09:51 +0200
MALATTAR <mouhannad.alattar at univ-fcomte.fr> wrote:

> Le 07/10/2010 16:43, MALATTAR a écrit :
> > 06.10.2010 23:41, MALATTAR ?????:
> >
> > >/  the container dora1, where i launch an instance of my IDS, does not take
> > />/  more than 70 MB as memory even though the memory limit for it is much
> > />/  bigger than this value,
> > /
> > How do you measure memory usage?
>
> by using the command:
> lxc-cgroup -n dora1 memory.usage_in_bytes
> >   What's in memory.max_usage_in_bytes of
> > the container's cgroup?
> executing the next command lxc-cgroup -n dora1 memory.max_usage_in_bytes
> gave me 70193152 bytes

Hmm. what latencytop shows ?

You can see this kind of output.
==
Cause                                                Maximum     Percentage
Writing a page to disk                            551.6 msec         36.8 %
Fork() system call                                273.7 msec          1.1 %
Page fault                                        253.9 msec         29.5 %
Writing buffer to disk (synchronous)              225.9 msec          2.9 %
Creating block layer request                      202.7 msec         17.1 %
Walking directory tree                            161.5 msec          1.4 %
[congestion_wait]                                  97.6 msec          4.4 %
Executing a program                                97.1 msec          0.3 %
synchronous write                                  73.9 msec          0.1 %
==

IMHO, if memory limit is the problem, "Page Fault" tend to be big.

Thanks,
-Kame