host PCI (-X) device assigned to a container

Pavel Labushev p.labushev at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 03:55:32 PDT 2010

14.10.2010 14:24, Mihamina Rakotomandimby пишет:

> I suppose (not really sure) that using "lxc.cgroup.devices.allow" is a
> tip, but once the PCI device plugged, how to guess the numbers &
> letters to set up?

You could setup udev on host system to launch scripts to place the
relevant device files into some directory and configure a bind-mount of
that directory to /dev within the container's mount namespace.
Container's devices.allow should also be managed by udev scripts on host
system. And device unplugging events should trigger some udev script to
perform reverse actions.