several mysql-connections problem

MALATTAR mouhannad.alattar at univ-fcomte.fr
Wed Oct 27 08:57:35 PDT 2010

Hi,
I have several lxc (fedora12) working under Ubuntu 10.10 host.
With one container i can connect to mysql database without any problem.
When i launched simultaneously several containers and tried to connect
to mysql database from each one of them, mysql service starts is ok
but connecting to the database will not be possible only from one
container. Trying to connect to mysql from another container will figure
out the next error:
"Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'"
I think this error happens because the container, which connects to
mysql, reserves the mysql.sock or other mysql configuration files and
prevents other nodes to use them!!!!
N.B: the last container starting mysql service is the one that is able
to connecting to the database

any suggestion to resolve this problem?
a+

--
Mouhannad AlATTAR
Doctorant à L’UFR Sciences,Techniques et Gestion de l’Industrie