[RFC] per-containers tcp buffer limitation

Daniel Wagner wagi at monom.org
Thu Aug 25 11:45:02 PDT 2011

Hi Stephen,

> On 08/25/2011 05:44 PM, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
>> What about using netfilter (with extensions)? We already have iptables
>> module to match on uid or gid. It wouldn't be hard to extend this to
>> other bits of meta data like originating and target containers.
>
> From reading the man pages the "owner" extension of netfilter would only
> allow to match on outgoing traffic. Would it be possible to extend this
> to also match on incoming traffic? Sorry to be completely ignorant here.

I just realized, that the "owner" extension is "only" matching on
UID/GID. For thing I would like to solve the match should be on PID.

IIRC the "owner" extension supported but this feature but it was removed [1]

thanks,
daniel

[1]
http://www.mail-archive.com/git-commits-head@vger.kernel.org/msg00486.html