[GIT PULL] user namespace and namespace infrastructure changes for 3.8

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Tue Dec 18 07:47:26 UTC 2012

ebiederm at xmission.com (Eric W. Biederman) writes:

> Linus,
>
> Please pull the for-linus git tree from:
>
>    git://git.kernel.org:/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace.git for-linus
>
>    HEAD: 5155040ed349950e16c093ba8e65ad534994df2a userns: Fix typo in description of the limitation of userns_install
>
>    This tree is against v3.7-rc3
>
> The embarrasing oversights that Andy found have been corrected.

Those bugs, those darn embarrasing bugs just want don't want to get
fixed.

Linus I just updated my mirror of your kernel.org tree and it appears
you successfully pulled everything except the last 4 commits that fix
those embarrasing bugs.

When you get a chance can you please repull my branch (the details
above are still corect.

The pending changes are.

Eric W. Biederman (4):
      Fix cap_capable to only allow owners in the parent user namespace to have caps.
      userns: Require CAP_SYS_ADMIN for most uses of setns.
      userns: Add a more complete capability subset test to commit_creds
      userns: Fix typo in description of the limitation of userns_install

 fs/namespace.c           |    3 ++-
 ipc/namespace.c          |    3 ++-
 kernel/pid_namespace.c   |    3 ++-
 kernel/user_namespace.c  |    2 +-