container disk quota

Jeff Liu jeff.liu at oracle.com
Sun Jun 3 06:02:33 UTC 2012

On 06/03/2012 01:47 PM, Kirill Korotaev wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2012, at 08:23 , Jeff Liu wrote:
>
>> Hi Kirill,

>>> but standard quota tools work inside container w/o any modifications.
>>> This is very important for us, cause we run unmodified distros inside.
>>
>> Yes, am agree.
>> I can work out a new patches regarding quota tools based on mount namespace w/o any modification.
>
> Jeff, why do you need fs namespace for quotas? OpenVZ works w/o it.

This idea is come from by Glauber's comments for my previous patches
which bind quota to cgroup, and per my try out, it really works to some
extents.

> It sounds as too strict use case limitation. Or do I understand your patchset description wrong?

According to my understood, bind quota to mount namespace is another
quota strategy, and container is a potential user case, maybe could be
used for other things.

I certainly will study openVZ's quota code.

Thanks,
-Jeff