container disk quota

Jeff Liu jeff.liu at oracle.com
Mon Jun 4 15:50:07 UTC 2012

On 06/04/2012 10:55 PM, Jeff Liu wrote:

> On 06/04/2012 09:56 PM, Jan Kara wrote:

>>> I still think if we can cache container dquot on memory to make this
>>> feature as simple as possible. :)
>>   Sorry, I don't understand. Quota structures are cached in memory.
>
> I means teaching Q_SETQUOTA routine, don't write those info to quota
> file if it was issued from container in quotacheck stage.  Instead,
> allocate a dquot object at memory and keep it until quotaoff or
> container destory procedures maybe.

Sorry, I must misled you.
We can not save quota usage info to memory cache without changing the
quota tools.

Originally, I introduced a new format option(which is "lxc") to
quotacheck, etc...
so if they were issued with -F "lxc" option, those tools will not
performed combined with quota file path as usual.

Since we would not like to change the quota tools, so it is absolutely
wrong.

Thanks,
-Jeff