[RFD] cgroup: about multiple hierarchies

Peter Zijlstra peterz at infradead.org
Mon Mar 12 22:44:01 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-03-12 at 15:39 -0700, Tejun Heo wrote:
> If we can get to the point where nesting is fully
> supported by every controller first, that would be awesome too.

As long as that is the goal.. otherwise, I'd be overjoyed if I can rip
nesting support out of the cpu-controller.. that stuff is such a pain.
Then again, I don't think the container people like this proposal --
they were the ones pushing for full hierarchy back when.

Another way there is simply deprecating and removing all
non-hierarchical controllers (and not adding any more while we're at
it).