necessary to limit container's network bandwidth when use physical nic in container?

Gao feng gaofeng at cn.fujitsu.com
Mon Oct 15 08:35:15 UTC 2012

we can use tc to limit container's network bandwidth when the container uses veth device.
because one of the veth devices will be seen in the host.so we can set tc rules on this
device on the host.

I want to know if it's necessary to limit container's network bandwidth when the container
uses a physical nic device. because this nic device is only used by this container.

And if this is necessary,Be there any good idea?

Thanks!