PROBLEM: Processes writing large files in memory-limited LXC container are killed by OOM

Michal Hocko mhocko at suse.cz
Tue Jul 2 12:42:08 UTC 2013

On Mon 01-07-13 14:02:22, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Johannes Weiner (hannes at cmpxchg.org):
[...]
> > OOM with too many dirty pages', included in 3.6+.
>
> Is anyone actively working on the long term solution?

Patches for memcg dirty pages accounted were posted quite some time ago.
I plan to look at the at some point but I am rather busy with other
stuff right now. That would be just a first step though. Then we need to
hook into dirty pages throttling and make it memcg aware which sounds
like a bigger challenge.

--
Michal Hocko
SUSE Labs