[OFFLIST] status of devcg

Tejun Heo tj at kernel.org
Thu Jul 11 20:38:33 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 02:12:06PM -0500, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Before I respond to that, could you please tell me precisely what
> you mean by 'unified hierarchy'?  I thought it just meant all
> controllers composed into one mount.  Maybe it means something
> else.

Oh, it's gonna be a hierarchy which can dynamically enable / disable
controllers in sub-hierarchies, so it isn't just co-mounting
everything, which really wouldn't work for many use cases.  As some
controllers are outright hostile against being co-mounted and this is
basically gonna be v2 (or v1.1 whatever) of the itnerface, I'm trying
to weed out weird behaviors.

Thanks.

--
tejun