[Suggestion] kernel/cgroup.c: about kfree after 'get_new_cssid'

Chen Gang gang.chen at asianux.com
Wed May 8 02:00:14 UTC 2013

On 2013年05月08日 08:50, Li Zefan wrote:
>>> There's a bug in cgroup_unload_subsys() that idr_destroy() should be called after
>>> >>

>> > I just find it by reading code (I also want to learn about kernel).
>> >
>> > I guess, for some stable versions, may focus on it, they are the
>> > different branches from the latest version.
>> >
>> > So, is it suitable to send related patch for the bug ?
>> >
> As I said, there's no modular cgroup subsystem using css_id, so the bug
> doesn't exist in real world.

Excuse me, my English is not quite well, I guess what you said is:

  a. idr_destroy() should be called after ss->css_free()
  b. need check the return value of cgroup_init_idr() in cgroup_init().

  but all features which related with the 2 issues above, never be used
in any main linux main branches.
  so, the 2 bugs doesn't exist in real world.

Is what I guess correct ?

Thanks.

--
Chen Gang