[Suggestion] kernel: cgroup: mount failure in LTP cgroup_regression_test.sh

Chen Gang gang.chen.5i5j at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 02:21:13 UTC 2013

On 11/21/2013 01:35 AM, Tejun Heo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry about the delay.

Oh, No problem, every members time resources are expensive, thank you
for your reply.

> On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 04:15:23PM +0800, Chen Gang wrote:
>> After simplify, the related operation, environments and output are:
>>
>>   [root at gchenlinux tmp]# df -Th | grep cgroup
>>   tmpfs                             tmpfs    1001M     0 1001M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
>>   [root at gchenlinux tmp]# lsof | grep cgroup | grep -v grep
>>   systemd       1          root    6r      DIR               0,18         0       5998 /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/system
>>   [root at gchenlinux tmp]# cat /proc/cgroups
>>   #subsys_name	hierarchy	num_cgroups	enabled
>>   cpuset	3	4	1
>>   cpu	4	35	1
>>   cpuacct	4	35	1
>>   freezer	5	4	1
>>   [root at gchenlinux tmp]# mkdir cgroup
>>   [root at gchenlinux tmp]# mount -t cgroup -o freezer,cpuacct xxx cgroup/
>>   mount: xxx already mounted or cgroup/ busy
>>
>> Is it real issue of cgroup? If it is, I will/should continue analyzing.
>
> Hmmm... I'm a bit confused.  What is it testing?  "cat /proc/cgroup"
> is showing that freezer is already mounted and the kernel seems to
> have correctly refused to mount it in a different hierarchy.  What am
> I missing here?

Hmm... I am not quit familiar about it, either, but at least I can
contact related LTP members (I guess they can make sure about it).

Excuse me, I am changing/finding new job, so I should not use Asianux
Corporation mail again.  And it seems I can not be focus on upstream
kernel as much as before.  :-(

But at least, I will/should continue providing some contributions (more
or less) to Public Open Source as volunteers. And for upstream kernel,
I plan to make 1-3 patches per month (mainly for cross compiling).

 - if can not get companies support, I can not provide enough time
   resource on upstream kernel (I have to get pay check for family).

 - New company may mainly focus on open source tool chains (not only
   kernel), so I will/should also provide some contributions to them
   (e.g. KVM, GCC ...).

At last, sorry again for I have to give up 10 patches per month for
upstream kernel.

Thanks.
--
Chen Gang