[GIT PULL] namespace updates for v3.17-rc1

Stephen Rothwell sfr at canb.auug.org.au
Wed Aug 6 06:06:08 UTC 2014

Hi Eric,

On Tue, 05 Aug 2014 22:16:06 -0700 ebiederm at xmission.com (Eric W. Biederman) wrote:

> I am not certain what your point is.

I am just trying to give Linus a heads up for branches that have not
had much exposure before he is asked to pull them.

> There have been no commits added since the merge window opened.
>
> There was one commit changed to fix a typo.  I documented that already.

Yes, that is what confused my, sorry, since that commit and the ones
following are new commits but unchanged patches.

> There were some commits pushed to the tree as late as friday that had
> been out for review earlier than that and it is possible that you did
> not pick them up in linux-next until monday.  That doesn't mean I added
> anything after the merge window opened.

Correct.

> I have also made certain all of these commits have at least had a chance
> to show up in linux-next.
>
> As for missing cool tags shrug.  The people looking at my code didn't
> feel like saying the magic words so I didn't include cool tags.

Maybe you should push them ... these tags are not just "cool", they
give less involved people some indications of what has happened in the
life of a patch.

> Beyond that I have been quite out of it recently and this is what I had
> time to do.  If I had had a little more time and energy I would have
> included unmount on unlink patches that still need magic to happen to
> keep from blowing the stack in pathological cases on everything except
> x86_64.  That code has been sitting in linux-next.
>
> Which is a my long winded way of say it sounds like you are accusing me
> of being irresponsible, and my way of saying that I have tested and

I did not mean to accuse, there are reasons (as you have pointed out)
that things get added late, or rewritten.

--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell                    sfr at canb.auug.org.au