[RFC]Pid conversion between pid namespace

Hu Tao hutao at cn.fujitsu.com
Mon Jul 28 08:14:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 05:34:43PM +0000, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting chenhanxiao at cn.fujitsu.com (chenhanxiao at cn.fujitsu.com):
> > Hi,

Sorry for jumping in, but I'm not quite understanding the purpose of
$init_pid here, does it identify the ns which the process to be
queried is in? Also see my questions below:

1. Given the example above, what's the return of getnspid(9, 3)?
   Is it 6(task t4) or 10(task t5)?

2. if there is a process in ns1 which is a child of process 1 has pid
   10, but not in ns2, like below:

    init_pid_ns          ns1         ns2
t1  2
t2   `- 3                1
t3       `- 4            +- 5        1
t4           `-6         |   `-8      `-9
t5             `-10      |      `-9      `-10
t6               `-11    `-10

   then what is the return of getnspid(10, 3)?

Regards,
Hu