[V9fs-developer] Containers over 9p in 3.14

Alin Dobre alin.dobre at elastichosts.com
Wed May 21 08:07:50 UTC 2014

On 21/05/14 07:52, Dominique Martinet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alin Dobre wrote on Tue, May 20, 2014 at 06:03:54PM +0100:
>> This call used to work fine in 3.13. I haven't tried to bisect and find
>> out the exact patch that introduces the problem, but it's one of "git
>> log --oneline b26d4cd.. fs/9p".
>>
>> I can provide you with any additional information that might be needed.
>
> For curiosity, I wouldn't mind seeing your exact mount options ? (cache
> if any, access, posixacl if set, etc..)

Nothing fancy, really. I mounted it manually with:
mount -t 9p -o trans=tcp,aname=/some/path,version=9p2000.L 127.0.0.1
/mount/point. I can take a look at /proc/mounts to tell you all the
mount options, including default ones if you need.

> I've got no experience with containers/no setup I could try it with
> right now, but I recall 3.14 broke the xattr_set call - you might want
> to try to revert this one:
> * bdd5c28 9p: fix return value in case in v9fs_fid_xattr_set()
>

> Philippe Deniel posted about it on this list a while ago but nothing
> that I could see got done to actually fix it, I guess I'll submit
> something today or tomorrow with proper fix (e.g. keep negative value if
> there's an error to report, but 0 on success)
>

> I'll have a harder look if this isn't enough.

I noticed you sent a patch, I will try that and come back with the result.

Thanks a lot for the support, Dominique!

Cheers,
Alin.