BMC (Bare-Metal Container) is relased

Kuniyasu Suzaki k.suzaki at aist.go.jp
Wed Dec 14 13:53:01 UTC 2016

I made a presentation of BMC at HPCC (IEEE Conference on High Performance Computing and Communications) 2016.
   http://www.swinflow.org/confs/2016/hpcc/
The title is "Bare-Metal Container --- Direct execution of a container image on a remote machine with an optimized kernel ---".
The slide is opened at slideshare.
   http://www.slideshare.net/suzaki/baremetal-container-presented-at-hpcc2016
   Original HP: http://www.itri.aist.go.jp/cpc/research/bmc/

BMC is resemble to VMware's "vSphere Integrated Containers" and Joyent's "Triton", but
BMC is designed to customize Linux kernel for an application in a Docker image.
   VMware's "vSphere Integrated Containers"  http://www.vmware.com/products/vsphere/integrated-containers.html
   Jyoent's "Triton"  https://www.joyent.com/triton

BMC runs a Docker image with a customized kernel on a bare-metal remote machine using remote machine management technology (WakeupOnLan, Intel AMT, or IPMI) and network bootloader "iPXE".
BMC can solve the container's (Docker's) problem which is caused by Linux kernel.

If you are interesed in, please try.

Kuni Suzaki