BMC (Bare-Metal Container) is relased
jeder at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 15:04:12 UTC 2016
On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 10:57 PM, Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm at xmission.com>
> In the past I have always seen this sort of problem handled as a
> property to the scheduler, and a declaration that a certain job needs
> certain properties.
Indeed, we have discussed this as a property of the scheduler in kubernetes.
- Nodes are given attributes (i.e. THP=never)
- Users declare their requirements (i.e. THP=never)
- User submits job, scheduler does matching to node
- Node executes job
This allows for shared control plane, serving disparate workloads on hybrid
THP=never is just another node attribute, as could be things like
- Does a DPDK-capable NIC or GPU or FPGA exist, and is unused
- What kernel version is it running
- Is the node tuned correctly
...myriad other possibilities, in a rapidly evolving space.
More information about the Containers