[GIT PULL] namespace related fixes for 4.10-rc3

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Tue Jan 10 23:23:18 UTC 2017

Al Viro <viro at ZenIV.linux.org.uk> writes:

> On Sat, Jan 07, 2017 at 06:29:52AM +0000, Al Viro wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 07, 2017 at 06:30:05PM +1300, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
>>
>> > Eric W. Biederman (3):
>> >       mnt: Protect the mountpoint hashtable with mount_lock
>> ACK
>>
>> >       mnt: Tuck mounts under others instead of creating shadow/side mounts.
>>
>> NAK; you have reintroduced put_mountpoint() outside of mount lock in there
>> and you've got seriously confused umount side of the things.
>
> PS: details are in my reply (admittedly, sent only ~20 minutes
> before your pull request) to your patch.  Check Message-ID
> <20170107050644.GA12074 at ZenIV.linux.org.uk>

I suspect that was sent while I was composing my pull request, and the
locking around put_mountpoint I did fail to catch during my rebase.  I
will finish our conversation about that before I resend that patch.

> My apologies for not getting to it yesterday (the patch was posted a couple of
> days ago, AFAICS) - I'd been off-net since Wednesday, just got back
> ;-/

You and Ram Pai had said reasonably pleasant things about a previous
version of that patch.