[GIT PULL] namespace fixes for v4.19-rc1

Eric W. Biederman ebiederm at xmission.com
Fri Aug 24 09:31:44 UTC 2018

Linus,

Please pull the userns-linus branch from the git tree:

   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/ebiederm/user-namespace.git userns-linus

   HEAD: 82c9a927bc5df6e06b72d206d24a9d10cced4eb5 getxattr: use correct xattr length

This is a set of 4 fairly obvious bug fixes.  A switch from d_find_alias
to d_find_any_alias because the xattr code perversely takes a dentry.
Two mutex vs copy_to_user fixes from Jann Horn and a fix to use a
sanitized size not the size userspace passed in from Christian Brauner.

This is coming late because I fell behind this last development cycle,
and because I have been travelling.  I do not intend to make a habit of
sending pull requests late.

The last fix by Christian Brauner has a very recent commit date.  I was
doing a final review of this pull request and I noticed it was mixing a
fixes tag.  I added the fixes tag so that the bug that is being fixed
can be put into perspective.

Resent because I somehow missed the [GIT PULL] tag when I sent this out
the first time.  I think travelling from GMT-0500 to GMT+0200 to visit
family is affecting more than I thought.

Christian Brauner (1):
      getxattr: use correct xattr length

Eddie.Horng (1):
      cap_inode_getsecurity: use d_find_any_alias() instead of d_find_alias()

Jann Horn (2):
      userns: move user access out of the mutex
      sys: don't hold uts_sem while accessing userspace memory

 arch/alpha/kernel/osf_sys.c      | 51 ++++++++++-----------
 arch/sparc/kernel/sys_sparc_32.c | 22 ++++++----
 arch/sparc/kernel/sys_sparc_64.c | 20 +++++----
 fs/xattr.c                       |  2 +-
 kernel/user_namespace.c          | 24 +++++-----
 kernel/utsname_sysctl.c          | 41 ++++++++++-------
 security/commoncap.c             |  2 +-