[RFC 00/20] ns: Introduce Time Namespace

Dmitry Safonov 0x7f454c46 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 17:59:49 UTC 2018

> The advantage of timekeeping_update per time namespace is that it allows
> different lengths of seconds per time namespace.  Which allows testing
> ntp and the kernel in interesting ways while still having a working
> production configuration on the same system.

Just a quick note: the different length of second per namespace sounds
very interesting in my POV, I remember I've seen this article:
http://publish.illinois.edu/science-of-security-lablet/files/2014/05/DSSnet-A-Smart-Grid-Modeling-Platform-Combining-Electrical-Power-Distributtion-System-Simulation-and-Software-Defined-Networking-Emulation.pdf

And their realisation with a simulation of time going with different speed
per-pid  (with vdso disabled):
https://github.com/littlepretty/VirtualTimeKernel

Thanks,
             Dmitry