[Desktop_architects] California Raisin Marketing Board...

Timothy D. Witham wookie at osdl.org
Tue Dec 6 08:11:30 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 16:00 -0800, Gareth S Bestor wrote:
> See
>
> http://www.calraisins.org/
>
> It is especially interesting to look at their "About Us" page. To
> quote:

   Ah yes - we refer to this as the "Got Milk" campaign.  Of course
I don't think that you are thinking about spending as much money
of dancing Tux claymation. :-)

> ----------
> CRMB Mission
> To support and promote the increased use of California-grown raisins.
>
> Our Vision
> To be recognized as:
>
> * An advocate of the raisin industry
> * Actively promoting California-grown raisins to all relevant customer
> * A leading authority and expert on raisin-related information
> * An innovator among commodity associations
> * An organization that provides value to its members

   Hard to have one place in Linux do the above.  But having this
sort of mission statement for a group to work on the advocacy side
of getting Linux onto the corporate desktop seems like a good idea.