[Desktop_architects] Presentation slides - with attached templates

Norm Jacobs Norm.Jacobs at Sun.COM
Wed Dec 7 14:21:07 PST 2005

Till Kamppeter wrote:

> Jody, Matthias, what are the plans of improving the GNOME/GTK printing
> dialog and printing with GNOME/GTK in general? What can we expect in
> the next version of GNOME.
>
> The best would be to have a dialog supporting all CUPS functionality
> and using the CUPS API. It should list printers, show options
> according to the printer's PPD, show CUPS-specific pre-processing
> options, like N-up, ...

The FSG PAPI, which works with CUPS, provides a more abstract view of
interaction with the
print service.  Also, I have been looking at representing more of the
PPD file data using
PAPI/IPP attributes so papiPrinterQuery() results return a digested
version of capabilities
that can be used to create print panels.  As you pointed out in our
discussion earlier
today, PPD files can still use some extension.

       -Norm