[Desktop_architects] Re: Portland: How to fix this situation

Jeremy White jwhite at codeweavers.com
Mon Dec 12 14:49:10 PST 2005

> Yes.  Wine has a conformance test; each DLL's source directory
> has a set of tests.   The whole set can be compiled into a single
> app called 'winetest' which can run on windows or on wine.

We've also built a GPL'd visual regression testing framework:
  http://www.cxtest.org.

We use it currently to drive test runs of Wine and CrossOver,
but it a general purpose tool and might be useful to others.

It's written in C and bash, primarily, and the utilities make
use only of utilities and X extensions that we found to be commonly
available on all distributions.

Cheers,

Jeremy