[Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Dec 13 08:52:46 PST 2005

<quote who="Celeste (seele) Paul">

> users are drawn by features.

Hmm; I think there's a bit of disconnect here between what people mean when
they talk about "features", "options", "just works", "extensible", etc. In
GNOME, we're not focusing on "options" or "extensible" as important aspects
of our solution, though they absolutely have their place where appropriate.
At the same time, there's nothing incompatible between "features" and "just
works".

Blasting away muck like the GNOME 1.4 global panel preferences dialogue has
nothing to do with removing "functionality", "features" or "extensibility".

The best new features are the ones that come with no strings attached. :-)

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

     "If I can't be near you I would rather be adrift in space." - Neil
                          Finn, Try Whistling This