[Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Dec 13 09:52:01 PST 2005

<quote who="Miller, Marc">

> One of the things we discussed at the Desktop Architects is an effort to
> "focus on our strengths!"  One of our strengths is that customizability
> and control.

Obviously, customisability is not something that GNOME regards as a primary
strength. It's a by-product of design, where it makes sense. Control, on the
other hand, is something we have been pursuing vigorously with technologies
such as GConf (for centralised configuration including default and mandatory
setings) and Sabayon/Pessulus (for profile creation).

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

   "People keep asking me why we aren't married, and he says, 'Every time
   I am about to ask you, you do something annoying'." - Kate Beckinsale