[Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME

Billy Biggs vektor at dumbterm.net
Tue Dec 13 10:36:37 PST 2005

Linus Torvalds (torvalds at osdl.org):

> And realize that this isn't about _my_ quirk. This is a bigger issue.

  I think it seems clear from this thread that the culture of usability,
as interpreted or misinterpreted by both users and developers, has not
been a success for GNOME.  After reading a thread like this, a user
finding some feature lacking in GNOME is likely to just assume it's by
design rather than file a bug or attempt a patch.

  I believe some of the problems with the current GTK+ file dialog are
still unsolved because of this.

  -Billy