[Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Tue Dec 13 11:26:56 PST 2005

<quote who="Christopher Blizzard">

> On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 05:02 +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > (On a bit of a tangent, I've been encouraging the Evolution maintainers
> > to ditch the 'one big blob of groupware' Outlook-style interface, and
> > craft each component as separate, task-optimised applications. They'll
> > still work together nicely, but they won't all be boxed up in that
> > terribly generic box.)
>
> If you look at how we have Evolution set up in rawhide, this is how we do
> it for new users.  (Different menu entries for the various pieces, new
> windows when you fire them up, and the buttons are missing from the lower
> left.)

That's just the menu item split though, not the actual user interface split.

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2006: Dunedin, New Zealand               http://linux.conf.au/

  "A 'lame' server is a server that is SUPPOSED to be authoritative, but,
      when asked, says: 'Me? I know nothing, I'm from Madrid!'" - Ralf
                                Hildebrandt