[Desktop_architects] Printing dialog and GNOME (Summit mockups)

Alex Graveley alex at beatniksoftware.com
Tue Dec 13 11:32:31 PST 2005

Hi,

Carl Worth wrote:
 > PS. These side threads are entertaining, but I do hope we also get
 > back to Till's original list and we can all work together on designing
 > a good print dialog.

To this effect, here are the mockups I made at the Boston GNOME Summit =

to point out some of the directions I/we were hoping to go with a GTK =

print dialog.

Many things missing here... showing printer wait estimates, drop-down =

for saved settings if you have some, searchable chooser for networks =

with many printers, per-application custom controls, etc.

I don't think anything here precludes more advanced PPD settings, but I =

think grouping the most common settings in a simpler, logical layout =

makes sense.

-Alex