[Desktop_architects] Xgl controversy

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Dec 22 08:31:21 PST 2005

On Thursday 22 December 2005 08:49, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> Shall I remind people how important eye-candy can be,

yes, eye candy is important. it's also important to recognize that XGL,
COMPOSITE and other such concept are allowing us to do things in the UI we
couldn't do that improve usability; small things like live thumbnails of
windows and their contents, extra-window painting, organic (versus
mechanical) window and widget movement .... they can make a measurable
difference for usability and user comfort.

--
Aaron J. Seigo