[Desktop_architects] DTL Desktop Architects Meeting Agenda

John Cherry cherry at osdl.org
Fri Nov 18 15:32:17 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 17:04 -0500, George Staikos wrote:
> On Friday 18 November 2005 12:54, Jim Gettys wrote:
> > I have a serious concern about the agenda as currently described:
> > it allows for no time early in the meeting for representatives of the
> > different organizations to introduce themselves, or bring to the table
> > issues and/or developments that may need to modify subsequent parts of
> > the meeting.
> >
> > I suspect at least a few of the attendees will be bringing information
> > that could seriously change the flavor of subsequent discussions, that
> > should be aired in brief to bring everyone up to date, and might cause
> > significant need to modify the agenda.
> >
> > Or the meeting will be looking backwards at preconceptions, rather than
> > looking forward toward the future.
>
>   If there are such earth-shattering revelations to come, why don't we start
> discussing them on the conference call next week?  Not only would we need to
> adjust the agenda, but I think the interested parties will need time to
> produce a position or at least digest whatever information this might be.
> Perhaps another way to look at it: it would be wholly inappropriate for
> anyone to hijack this meeting by causing a complete change of direction at
> the last minute.  .ORGs and individuals are putting a lot of time and money
> into this event and have expectations of value, meaning and progress.

I agree with George.  We have over 50 architects coming representing
about 30 orgs.  The agenda will be tight.  I like the idea of producing
positions and/or digesting as much information as possible prior to the
meeting.  Please post these to the list and we will address as much as
we can at the conference call next Wednesday.

Although not on the hard copy schedule, we have planned to go around the
room at the start of the meeting, do introductions, and tweak the agenda
as needed.

John