[Desktop_architects] [cairo] Automated testing of Cairo

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimirv at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 14:55:17 PDT 2006

On 8/10/06, Bryce Harrington <bryce at osdl.org> wrote:
> Heya all,
>
> I'm happy to be able to announce that OSDL will be supporting Cairo by
> providing automated testing on various platforms.

I see that you mention adding non-linux hardware; do you guys have any
win32 infrastructure in place, or could you run win32 on your existing
hardware?  If not, we can probably run win32 and MacOSX performance
tests (once we have a good suite) on our test boxes and push the
results to a single location for display.

Also, for the performance tests, they will be extremeley sensitive to
X version and drivers on Linux; ideally, the most useful numbers would
be with Intel, Nvidia, and ATI hardware, using both open and
proprietary drivers; that explodes the configuration matrix
significantly though.  However, if you guys are virtualizing all of
this, I'm not sure how the X perf numbers will relate to real-world
machines (we're having this same problem with Mozilla's performance
testing; our tinderboxes tend to be server-class machines, so testing
rendering performance on them has misled us a number of times).

   - Vlad