[Desktop_architects] [cairo] Automated testing of Cairo

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Thu Aug 10 13:49:18 PDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 09:50 -0400, Carl Worth wrote:
> 6) The only current failure I see that isn't an obvious false positive
>    like those described above is the failure of
>    ft-text-vertical-layout which can be seen here:
>
>         http://crucible.osdl.org/runs/1466/test_output/cairo-test/nfs11/test/
>
>    This is a failure that's hitting the image backend, which is the
>    worst kind since there's no chance of a false positive being
>    introduced by some external conversion tool like with PDF, PS, and
>    SVG. Some false positives do hit the image backend because of a
>    missing font, (Bitstream Vera is about the only thing we use I
>    think), or perhaps a freetype-dependency. But usually a problem
>    like that will manifest itself as failures in every text-using
>    test. So I'm not sure what might be happening here. Again, it would
>    help to know the configuration of this machine.

That test is the only test that uses text in ways other than TrueType
subsetting.  The blue letters are done using cairo_text_path, and the
black ones using cairo_show_text, and since it's vertical, subsetting is
disabled.  No idea what causes this huge difference here.  FreeType
version is most interesting.

--
behdad
http://behdad.org/