[Desktop_architects] [cairo] Automated testing of Cairo

Mike Shaver shaver at mozilla.org
Wed Aug 16 16:42:54 PDT 2006

On Aug 16, 2006, at 4:57 PM, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> All inter-machine communication in Crucible is done through a
> networked
> file system.  I use NFS for this, which isn't very well suited for
> handling remote test machines.  Thus, it'd be easiest if a machine
> could
> just be plunked down in the OSDL network.

Mmm, yeah, I imagine so.  It's easier for me to get machines and
admins elsewhere, but I bet we can figure something out.

> However, since the machines are just communicating via a file
> system, in
> theory anything allowing network file sharing should do.  RDP and VNC
> are probably overkill for this; WebDAV ought to be sufficient.
>
> The main consideration is security.  While we keep the test systems
> outside our company firewall, I'd prefer to ensure access is
> limited to
> machines I specifically know about.

Understood; we could provide a fixed IP address and use an SSL client
cert to lock down the connection.

I've got a machine that we could use to test this on, and I suspect I
can get someone to help with the setup.  It's already configured to
build Mozilla, so it shouldn't be _too_ hard to get it running and
building the cairo stuff distinctly.  I'll get that going, and
connect them with you off-line (and you, if you'd like, Carl!) to see
if we can work it out.  I'm quite keen to see the tests running well
on Win32, so I'd love to help out here.

Mike