[Desktop_architects] The experience of an ISV

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Tue Feb 14 11:27:32 PST 2006

On Feb 09, 06 13:50:03 +0100, Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> Hi,
> Well in regards to the screensaver issue I thought that already where a
> solution, but it could be its GNOME specific atm. In GNOME 2.14 Totem
> for instance is able to tell gnome-screensaver to not activate using
> dbus. No idea if any other screensaver package listens to dbus for such
> messages, but that should be an easy fix I assume.

This is typically done by intruding fake key release events into the X
events stream, using libXtst.

Certainly not a nice solution, and even with this one there had been
issues in xine.

Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg    (_   | |  (_   |__         mat at mshopf.de
Phone +49-911-74053-715            __)  |_|  __)  |__  labs   www.mshopf.de