[Desktop_architects] The experience of an ISV

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Tue Feb 14 12:32:22 PST 2006

On Feb 14, 06 15:22:24 -0500, Jim Gettys wrote:
> On Feb 14, 06 14:50:06 -0500, Mattias Hopf wrote:
> > Xtst is a local only "solution".  As such, it doesn't help LTSP.
> >IMHO it is not a solution at all. It is an ugly workaround, a kludge.
>
> I did put "solution" in quotes, for a reason...  I guess I'm being too
> subtle: let's call a spade a shovel then: "gross hack".

:) I did get it, but I just *had* to emphasise it :)

About XSetScreenSaver: I don't remember what, but there were issues.
The man page reads like  there was never support for application space
screen servers.
I'm sure Jim remembers this better than I do.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>       __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg    (_   | |  (_   |__         mat at mshopf.de