[Desktop_architects] The experience of an ISV

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Tue Feb 14 12:41:18 PST 2006

Wel, the history is like this:

XSetScreenSaver and friends are original to the X11 core protocol, and
have no support for user space screen savers at all.  The screen saver
extension "MIT-SCREEN-SAVER" to do so came along a few years later.  It
might have been nice if it made explicit provision for this case, but it
didn't, I don't believe.
				- Jim