[Desktop_architects] klik+autopackage: More info about the example packages (was: Notes from autopackage author)

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Sun Jan 1 08:36:27 PST 2006

Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> A FLTK-based program:
> ---------------------
>
> klik://htmldoc
>   htmldoc is a very useful and nifty HTML-to-PDF converter (it converts
>   to PostScript too if you want). Written by Mike Sweet, it uses FLTK
>   for its toolkit. The Debian Sarge input files work just fine to
>   create the klik-ified htmldoc_1.8.23-1.3.cmg from. Mike, if you know
>   a more current binary download source (RPM, .deb or .tgz) for htmldoc,
>   I can easily update the recipe!

Go to htmldoc.org, download the source, and do:

     ./configure
     make
     make rpm

FWIW, we might be able to add a klik generator backend to EPM so
that any package created using EPM can be a klik package...

For those who don't know what EPM (ESP Package Manager) is, see:

     http://www.easysw.com/epm/
     http://svn.easysw.com/public/epm/trunk/

In short: EPM is a cross-platform, open source software packager
that supports most/all of the popular packaging formats; it basically
allows you to easily generate software packages for any Linux/UNIX-
based OS.