[Desktop_architects] Applications and pre-installed machines

Mike Shaver shaver at mozilla.org
Thu Jan 19 14:48:04 PST 2006

On 19-Jan-06, at 2:28 PM, Jeremy White wrote:

> What *was* a disincentive was that when Adobe went
> to gauge the market demand for Photoshop on Linux,
> the result was not compelling.

Is the problem that users won't know how to get Photoshop running on
Linux with WINE?  It seems like "I use photoshop" is no longer a hard-
stop barrier to switching to Linux, so maybe this path is worth
taking with other apps.

The customers might not pay as they did in the Photoshop case, but
the Linux distribution vendors might see some return on investing there.

Mike