[Desktop_architects] Applications and pre-installed machines

Mike Shaver shaver at mozilla.org
Sun Jan 29 09:05:04 PST 2006

On 27-Jan-06, at 12:11 PM, Otto Wyss wrote:
> So they are just late? I wonder why it takes them so much longer.

They acquired a company with the technology for Win32, and then had
to build equivalent bits for other platforms, as I understand it.

> For a correctly set up project it shouldn't need more than a few
> days to move it to other platforms except for special circumstances.

In my minor experience with cross-platform development, all of
software is "special circumstances".

Retrofitting other platforms into a graphically-intensive app is
something that I suspect would take me longer than a few days, but I
may not be as good at this as you are.  (And Google's hiring,
perpetually, so if you think you can help them make this porting
issue trivial I bet they'd love to hear from you.)

Mike