[Desktop_architects] Desktop Meeting in Japan, Jun. 1

Chang-Won Ahn (ETRI) ahn at etri.re.kr
Sun Jun 11 05:05:36 PDT 2006

Frankly speaking, I think that we, most of asian developers,
has been the "free rider" in a some sense.
Though there are many localization projects, they don't seem
to be substantial contributions, in return for Open Community.

I don't know yet what the real reasons are for this loose-loose situation.
It can be language and cultural barriers. Or it can be ture that we didn't
understand so far what the "opensourcing" was exactly.

But the important thing is that CJK don't want to be a free rider any more.
I am sure that you should hear much more voices from asia
back to the Open Community in the near future.

thanks,

Chang-Won

-- =

Chang-Won AHN (ahn at etri.re.kr)

"When minds interact, new ideas will emerge !!"
"In essentials unity, In non-essentials liberty, In all things charity."