[Desktop_architects] [dtl_s_t_m] Adding some background information...

Gregory Raiz graiz at raizlabs.com
Wed Jun 14 12:31:15 PDT 2006

Traditional usability will allow you to collect feedback on observable human
behavior. Usability is typically not as good a tool for collecting feedback
on broader design issues across a project.

"I know I can't use it, but don't ask me how to fix it."

Usability will tell you that a specific function or feature is difficult or
impossible to use but it will rarely give you the feedback needed to correct
the issue. The type of "feedback squad" that I think you're looking for is
often referred to as a "heuristic evaluation." This is a technique that can
allow multiple people to evaluate a larger product and isolate the interface
and design problems across a much broader set of features.

Greg Raiz
www.raizlabs.com
617.820.5206