[Desktop_architects] Desktop Meeting in Japan, Jun. 1

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Tue Jun 27 07:18:27 PDT 2006

On 6/11/06, Chang-Won Ahn (ETRI) <ahn at etri.re.kr> wrote:
> But the important thing is that CJK don't want to be a free rider any more.
> I am sure that you should hear much more voices from asia
> back to the Open Community in the near future.

The Wine Project is happy to report that somebody in China
recently started contributing a steady flow of very useful
bug fixes.  (I guess that makes him a one-in-a-billion kinda guy!)

Also, gcc has a few great Asian contributors,
in particular, the maintainer for the sh-4 embedded processors.

Their English is quite good, which seems to support the "language barrier"
theory of why there have been few Asian contributions to date.
- Dan