[Desktop_architects] The reason Adobe does not want to port Photoshop?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Oct 11 13:43:20 PDT 2006

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 20:56, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FYI. Here is a thread started on Adobe Forums about Adobe Photoshop and
> Linux:
>
> http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?128@@.3bc1d4af
>
> It appears that some Photoshop developers are spreading some
> misinformation or are themselves misinformed. Notably the part where
> they compare KDE/Gnome to windows manager written by university
> students, etc.

Judging by the developer's comments it is more likely intentionally spreading
misinformation.

However, my experience with corporate developers, even a couple of those I
know personally, is that they are quite undereducated regarding the state of
Linux/free software desktops.

My observation is that often company policies probihit gathering information
about things which are currently not considered a requirement and very few of
those developers are motivated to do it on their spare time.

Other than Linux desktop knowledge becoming a requirement I see just a few
options, such as a company or organisation offering courses, because
managment will often send staff to such courses based on the possibily of the
taught knowlegde becoming a requirement.

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer, KDE developer