[Desktop_architects] Linux Foundation - desktop linux

John Cherry cherry at linux-foundation.org
Thu Feb 22 10:20:33 PST 2007

Hi all,

The Linux Foundation (merger of OSDL and FSG) is moving the desktop
linux workgroup (DTL) into the LF desktop workgroup.  This workgroup is
open to the community and will fit into the Linux Foundation mission of
promoting, protecting, and standardizing Linux.

I have set up a wiki page that can be used by the LF desktop workgroup.
The mailing list link is on this page:

https://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Desktop_Linux

One of the topics coming up on the LF desktop workgroup agenda is the
planning and sponsorship of the next gathering of the Desktop Architects
(DAM-4).  At DAM-3, it was suggested that (1) we associate the meeting
with another desktop event to leverage travel across multiple events and
(2) we meet once a year and maximize participation at a single event.

Dam 4 - Location nominations
        - Prague
        - Berlin in conjunction with Linux Tag
        - New York City

BTW : Call for papers ends Feb 23rd for Linux Tag

The planning sandbox for DAM-4 is also on LF wiki.  It will contain
venue info, invitee lists, preparation info, etc.  Feel free to offer
your opinions and suggestions here.  The wiki is open.

John