[Desktop_architects] GDB - more detail

Miller, Marc marc.miller at amd.com
Thu Jun 21 16:18:37 PDT 2007

One of the recommendations from DAM4 was that since GDB is broken, it
might be better to switch over to Eclipse, which contains a better
debugger.

AMD's GCC compiler team said that since debugging is a combination of
GCC output and the GDB debugger itself, it would be helpful to have some
examples where GDB seems to break down.  Perhaps we can fix the problems
as part of our activities.  In particular:

*	The version and architecture type of GCC in use
*	What version of the debugger
*	Which optimization flags were set
*	What language is being debugged

I assume DWARF-2 is what we're talking about unless someone says
otherwise...