[Desktop_architects] Re: [Portland] xdg-utils 1.0.2 available

nf2 nf2 at scheinwelt.at
Mon Jun 25 05:06:45 PDT 2007

Bastian, Waldo wrote:
> Thanks to a rainy Sunday afternoon, xdg-utils 1.0.2 is now available
> from http://portland.freedesktop.org/download/
> Changes in xdg-utils 1.0.2:
> * SVG icons are not supported but documentation still mentioned SVG
> * xdg-email can now be used without any e-mail address
> * Do not use mktemp without arguments, it breaks on systems with certain
> older versions of mktemp (xdg-desktop-menu, xdg-screensaver) [BR9266]
> See also http://portland.freedesktop.org/wiki/XdgUtils
> Please give it some testing to help ensure that no regressions have been
> introduced.
Cool! I'm already using "xdg-open" to launch file-managers in
libfusi/gfuse-manager  - it's kind of "keep it simple and just use FUSE"
approach to cross-desktop network-transparency:

May i post a feature request here?

"xdg-passwd-store" - an interface into KWallet/GnomeKeyring would be
very useful for gfuse-manager, because i don't want to have a "hard"
dependency to a certain password storage mechanism...